Sunday, September 10, 2023

Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #496

Messy Messy Fail - There's a mouse in our house (I hear him scampering around on the floor in the room adjacent to our living room at night) and I'm not sure what to do.  I always hated the poison route because they just eat it, go in the walls and die.  Then there's the smell.  Any more humane suggestions?

Tidy Victory - Getting lots of end of year plants on sale - today I just found two cool hostas to add to my collection and a new dark sedum!  Now is the time people to scour the perennials on sale and start planting for next year!




Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #496





Welcome to the Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #496 - Katie again from Love My Messy Messy Mess as I continue my hostessing journey through September.

We just had a few REALLY hot days for Western New York but fall is now in the air.  Hopefully I won't have to turn the air conditioning on again any time soon!  What has the weather been like where you are?


Let's get to this week's party - simply scroll down to see all the posts that have been linked up by our participating bloggers!

Miss the party last week? Click here to check it out!











This Week's Features









You either love it or you hate it - the pumpkin spice latte!  You can probably already guess but I LOVE IT.  Starbucks can get expensive quickly so I love to have a little trick for making these at home - check out the Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte from Kristy of Mommy Hates Cooking.








I am no longer a big drinker (a glass of wine once a week if not once a month at best!) but it's fun to have the makings for a seasonal cocktail on hand.  This Crownberry Apple Cocktail from Thirsty Priority looks really delicious!















Apples are one of the big upick seasons around here and it's always helpful to have lots of different ways to use them.  This recipe for Fresh Apple Cake from Nora of Treat and Trick looks simple and delicious - I imagine having a slice with a hot cup of coffee for breakfast on a cool autumn morning on my front porch.












You know about my wreath problem - I wonder how many I have now?  Anyways, I immediately fell in love with this DIY Fall Rake Wreath creatively designed by Kathy of Petticoat JUNKtion.  What a neat way to upcycle old items into something unique and beautiful!


Bonus Feature










Typically when I go to The Starbs for my drink, it's something with caffeine (a coffee, chai or a matcha).  However on a warm day, this (oops besides the Pink Drink with chocolate cream foam, forgot about that one but I digress) drink is my go to.  So you know I've got to keep a copycat recipe pinned - you should also save this Copycat Starbucks Easy Paradise Refresher Drink Recipe to your Pinterest board as well :)















Let's Get To The Party!


Did you know we have a Pinterest Board where all features are saved to?  Save our pins to your own board for your future reference, easy peasy!

Thank you for joining us this week whether you are a blogger sharing your latest posts OR a reader enjoying all of the inspirational shares!  

Don’t forget to drop by and say hello to all our hostesses, they always appreciate your visit!

Here are all of our hostesses at Happiness Is Homemade!

This party is published on 6 different blogs so, bloggers, the posts you share get lots of exposure! Many thanks to our hosting blogs for giving us all this opportunity every week!

Linda @ A Labour of Life

Sinea @ Ducks ‘n a Row

Beverly @ Eclectic Red Barn

Katie @ Love My Messy Messy Mess

Mel @ Décor Craft Design

Niki @ Life as a Leo Wife


Would you like to be a part of Happiness Is Homemade? We are looking for hostesses to join our team. If you are interested, please email any one of the Happiness Is Homemade hostesses and let them know. We would love to have you join our party!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter