Sunday, August 7, 2022

Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #439

Messy Messy Fail - Remember last summer when I saw so excited about the dahlias I had planted, how easy it was, how gorgeous they were, etc.  I said "I will never not plant these, so easy!"  I never planted them.

Tidy Victory - Until this past Thursday!  It's actually ok, they will still bloom beautifully in the fall, but why I procrastinate on such easy things is beyond me.





Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #439





Welcome to the Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #439 - my name is Katie from Love My Messy Messy Mess and I am MEGA excited to be hosting this blog hop for the month of August - yay for me!

I am most active on my Instagram and Facebook feeds so be sure to follow me on those platforms to keep yourselves up-to-date on my tidy victories and messy fails. :D

It's time to get to this week's party - simply scroll down to see all the posts that have been linked up by our participating bloggers!

Miss the party last week? Click here to check it out!









This Week's Features








Unfortunately there is no veggie garden at our home, Starry Acres, this year.  We decided to move our VERY rustic garden (it was falling apart!) to a different spot and use that space to store our camper.  My husband promised me raised beds for next year - I'll take it!  One of my favorite and easiest veggies to grow is zucchini and if you've ever grown it yourself, you know how much one plant can produce so I'm always looking for different ways to use it.  This recipe for Zucchini Kofta Curry from Rahda at The Magical Ingredients looks like a fun and different way to use up that veggie!









Another item I have a lot of - mason jars!  I use them throughout the year for making pickles, freezer jam, storing fruit in the refrigerator, etc.  But it's fun to use them for creative purposes too, so check out Sinea's 12 Really Cool DIY Projects with Mason Jars at Ducks 'n A Row.











Summers are beautiful here in Western New York, usually falling between 75-85 degrees F on any given day.  That's not to say it doesn't get hotter, and our humidity can be pretty awful at times.  Coffee in the morning can feel a bit heavy, so I like to have a tasty chai tea instead.  This recipe from Kendra for Better Than Coffee-House Chai Tea sounds so yummy!











I am the biggest Dollar Tree fan - just check out my Instagram stories and you'll see I regularly share my latest purchases :D. The possibilities are endless when it comes to remaking the items you can purchase there to make them fit your decor style.  Linda from A Labour of Love did just that with her Dollar Tree Foam Pumpkin Makeover - click to see what she did!















Did you know we have a Pinterest Board where all features are saved to?  Save our pins to your own board for your future reference, easy peasy!

Thank you for joining us this week whether you are a blogger sharing your latest posts OR a reader enjoying all of the inspirational shares!  

Don’t forget to drop by and say hello to all our hostesses, they always appreciate your visit!

Here are all of our hostesses at Happiness Is Homemade!

This party is published on 7 different blogs so, bloggers, the posts you share get lots of exposure! Many thanks to our hosting blogs for giving us all this opportunity every week!

Linda @ A Labour of Life

Sinea @ Ducks ‘n a Row

Beverly @ Eclectic Red Barn

Katie @ Love My Messy Messy Mess

Mel @ Décor Craft Design

Niki @ Life as a Leo Wife

Would you like to be a part of Happiness Is Homemade? We are looking for hostesses to join our team. If you are interested, please email any one of the Happiness Is Homemade hostesses and let them know. We would love to have you join our party!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter