Sunday, December 13, 2020

Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #353

Messy Messy Fail - We had a beautiful assortment of pumpkins that we bought at a local Amish farm for dirt cheap and had arranged all over around our StarryAcres sign, our side porch and side entrance.  So as not to confuse myself any more than I already am, I figured it was best to finally get rid of them so I don't have dueling holiday decorations up.  However I couldn't bear to throw away perfectly good pumpkins, so I had the 6-year-old arrange them around the Japanese maple in the backyard.  I totally compromised!

Tidy Victory - I currently have 5 balls of dough in fridge and ready to make cookies.  I have discovered the quickest way to Christmas cookies: dough one day, cooking making another.  This year's assortment includes molasses, cutouts, peanut butter blossoms, cinnamon roll and spritz cookies (which I've never made!).  I may throw in a few other types as we get closer to the big day just for fun.  OH - due to overwhelming amounts of marshmallows in the pantry I will also be making Christmas rice krispies.  




Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #353





Welcome one and all to our 2nd December blog hop for Happiness Is Homemade! 

It's me Katie, hosting again, from the blog Love My Messy Messy Mess where I share my messy messes and tidy victories in my journey as a working boy mom and wife.  You can also follow me on Instagram @LoveMyMessyMessyMess and Facebook at Love My Mess.

I am currently (literally) in the middle of baking as many Christmas cookies as I can humanly make - because it ain't Christmas without Christmas cookies!  

Speaking of cookies, our bloggers posted a TON of amazing Christmas cookie recipes at last week's party, and I am featuring a few of them!  Not to mention lots of recipes for the holidays, decorating and so much more!

Ready to see what I've picked for this party?  Scroll down!






This Week's Features


DIY Peppermint Bath Bombs




I love taking a bath, especially on a long, cold winter night.  I think I'll be attempting to make these DIY Peppermint Bath Bombs from Eccentricities by JVG to give as a gift to others and myself :).






I have a pretty standard Christmas dinner I make every year - ham with gravy, Paula Deen's potato casserole, green bean casserole and crescent rolls.  My family requests just that, so that's what I make.  However, that doesn't mean I won't make one extra side dish like this Creamy Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon from Drugstore Divas to spice things up a bit!







I told you there were MANY tasty cookie recipes last week, and this is just one of them!  Either you love eggnog or you hate it - I LOVE IT!  These Easy Eggnog Cookies from Cook Clean Then Repeat will be a special treat to add to my Christmas cookie spread this year!







So I have yet to fill in my galvanized basin on my side porch with fresh greenery like I said I was going to last week, so this DIY Outdoor Christmas Planter from StoneGable Blog is going to be my inspiration.  Isn't it beautiful!?!?!?!





Every year (usually) I make the standard peanut butter fudge for Christmas.  But Salted Dark Chocolate Bourbon Fudge?!?!?!?!?!  Thanks to Ann's Entitled Life for being so extra with this share - I am HERE FOR IT!


*BONUS FEATURE*





I may not be a southern girl by birth but I sure am at heart!  These adorable Southern Tea Cakes from Not Entirely Average remind me that things don't have to be fancy to be good!  Definitely going to make these this year - have you ever tried these?







Thank you for joining us this week whether you are a blogger sharing your latest posts OR a reader enjoying all of the inspirational shares!  

Don’t forget to drop by and say hello to all our hostesses, they always appreciate your visit!

Here are all of our hostesses at Happiness Is Homemade!
Would you like to be a part of Happiness Is Homemade? We are looking for hostesses to join our team. If you are interested, please email any one of the Happiness Is Homemade hostesses and let them know. We would love to have you join our party.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter