Sunday, December 6, 2020

Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #352

Messy Messy Fail - Let's talk about how I walked around half of my morning on Friday with a giant shot of white dry shampoo on my forehead. 

Tidy Victory - Christmas shopping is nearly done and I am so excited about it!  Last minute shopping can be so stressful and it seems as though I am successfully avoiding it this year!





Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #352





Welcome one and all to the first of our December blog hops for Happiness Is Homemade! 

My name is Katie from the blog Love My Messy Messy Mess where I share my messy messes and tidy victories in my journey as a working boy mom and wife.  You can also follow me on Instagram @LoveMyMessyMessyMess and Facebook at Love My Mess.

So it is my turn to host the Happiness Is Homemade link parties for the month of December.  Did I tell you Christmas is my FAVORITE holiday to decorate for besides Halloween????  So Christmas is my favorite holiday to decorate for :D.  However that does not mean all my decorations are up yet #messyfail.

As you go on this decorating journey with me through the month of December, I'll be sharing new features here at our Happiness is Homemade link party every week - these special posts need to get the recognition they deserve!  Be sure to check them out and leave some love with a comment or a share!

Ready to see what I've picked for this party?  Scroll down!



This Week's Features




Seriously, I just purchased one of these cool old galvanized baskets at a flea market last weekend, no joke!  I was planning on filling mine with pine branches and a bow but Niky from the House Of Silverado did an excellent job of styling this!  This Galvanized Basket Pinterest Challenge turned out so cute and is inspiring me to add a little more spice to mine!



Tracey from The Kitchen is My Playground always shares the best recipes, and this one is no disappointment!  I've never tried making Ritz Cracker Candy before but I hear it is super easy AND super tasty!  I can just taste the butteriness of the cracker along with the chocolate and the peppermint - yummy!





Again - more things that I LOVE popped up in the link party last week.  I am sorry to use this word cause I'm usually not so typical but I am OBSESSED with windmills.!  I really wanted to buy one from Farm & Tractor Supply to put on the front lawn over the summer but they were never discounted enough for me to pull the trigger.  Anyways, I digress - how COOL is this DIY Bedspring Windmill Christmas Tree Topper to put on the top of your farmhouse tree?!?!?!?!?!?!  




I know this is a southern thing, and I've never tried them but have always been curious.  So here's my opportunity to try Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts from Sarah at the Must Have Mom blog.  What's most exciting is I get to use my beautiful Pioneer Woman instant pot - YAASSSSSSS!


*BONUS FEATURE*





I was lovin' my Truly's over the summer for a refreshing, fizzy mommy drink.  But now I need something more festive!  GG from Swirls of Flavor shared this Cranberry Sangria recipe and I think it's going to be my signature holiday cocktail!



Thank you for joining us this week whether you are a blogger sharing your latest posts OR a reader enjoying all of the inspirational shares!  Don’t forget to drop by and say hello to all our hostesses, they always appreciate your visit!

Here are all of our hostesses at Happiness Is Homemade!
Would you like to be a part of Happiness Is Homemade? We are looking for hostesses to join our team. If you are interested, please email any one of the Happiness Is Homemade hostesses and let them know. We would love to have you join our party.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter