Sunday, April 5, 2020

Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #317


Messy Messy Fail - Playing both mom and teacher at home is NOT easy!  There have been several moments where I wanted to continue on with consequences in full on teacher-mode but I knew that the end result would not be good considering our circumstances - I have to spend the rest of the night with these kids!  I'm going to give myself a little more grace this week and try again.

Tidy Victory - For our spring cleaning list - breezeway, mudroom and laundry room have all been cleaned top to bottom. Next up - the kitchen which we are also going to PAINT!




Welcome to Happiness is Homemade Link Party #317! 




Hello and happy spring to everyone!  My name is Katie and I am the snarky, whirlwind boy mom behind Love My Messy Messy Mess.

Not only am I the Happiness Is Homemade Link Party hostess for the month of April but it is also my BIRTHDAY MONTH!  I'll be turning the ripe old age of 39 but I'm ready for it! :)

As hostess it is my duty to pick a few features to show off from last week's party and I think I picked some REAL winners!  Of course we ask that you visit our featured picks and give them some love with a save on Pinterest, a share on Facebook or even just a comment - it means the world to our bloggers when you do that!

So without further ado, scroll down to see my picks for the first Happiness Is Homemade Party for April.  To see more of my content on my other social media platforms, you can find me here on Instagram, Facebook and at my blog Love My Messy Messy Mess.  Happy browsing and welcome to the party!



Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #317 Features













Carol from Comfort Spring has written a helpful post about How to Grow Zinnias which I call the fireworks of the garden.  They attract butterflies and are a stunning addition.  Check out her post to start planning this floral explosion for this summer!






My friend Lisa from Blogghetti has the best recipes and this one for Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf totally caught my eye!  How delicious would this be at Easter or Mother's Day brunch??!?!?!  Pass me a slice please and thank you!








One of my all-time favorite commercials is the State Farm she shed - you know the one I'm talking about..."Cheryl your she shed is on fire" :D. I just CAN'T with that one.  Anyways, this beautiful Spring She Shed from Penny of Penny's Vintage Home is so gorgeous and inspiring, it makes me consider picking up a power tool!  BTW - I ADORE the name Penny, if I had a girl.....:)







Shrimp screams warm weather to me and I'm dying for it to get here!  Jhuls from The Not So Creative Cook shares this zesty sounding recipe for Dynamite Shrimps that sounds amazing!  Will my kids eat it?  Probably not, but that's okay - more for me :D








I am all about creating and making on my own to save money.  Additionally I love the idea of repurposing.  Waste not want not people!  Pamela from DIY Vibes shared this cute tutorial for DIY Twine Carrots that is adorable, easy and uses many materials I already have around the house.  Love it!


Thanks again for joining us at this party - remember to click around and visit all the wonderful inspiration our party has to offer!  


Would you like to be a part of Happiness Is Homemade? We are looking for hostesses to join our team. If you are interested, please email any one of the Happiness Is Homemade hostesses and let them know. We would love to have you join our party.

Here are all of our hostesses at Happiness Is Homemade – be sure to give them a visit!





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter