Sunday, January 17, 2021

Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #358

Messy Messy Fail - So I had bought a giant hubard squash from an Amish farm in the fall to make soup.  Until it was time to cut it up, I left it on the front porch with the other pumpkins and gourds to serve as a decoration for the fall.  As Christmas came upon us, I moved any of them that were still in good shape to the backyard to make way for Christmas decorations.  Well, now it's the middle of January and guess what I forgot about?  I'll check and see if it hasn't been compromised, but we'll see.  

Tidy Victory - All Christas decorations are put away and the house is in pretty good shape!  Do you agree that Christmas is more fun to PUT UP than PUT AWAY? :D





Welcome to the Happiness is Homemade Link Party #358  We are excited about a new year of sharing, linking, reading, Pinning and inspiration. January is my month to share and inspire you so let's get to it shall we.  So much to read, so much to see and want to try but for now the posts that have caught my attention. Truth be told I was expecting a full Super Bowl spread for you but it seemed everyone has skipped straight to Valentine's Day, so it is a heartfelt Happiness if Homemade this week ( Big pun once you see my first feature) pin for hih 358


Handmade Felt Heart Brooch.

Pillar Box Blue captured my eye with her Handmade Felt Heart Brooch. This is a quick and easy fun Valentine’s craft to make a lovely heart-shaped handmade felt brooch from the smallest of felt scraps.
big-heart-broach-on-white-s



Handmade Valentine Wreath

Next up this Handmade Valentine Wreath just stopped me scrolling. Comfort Spring just could not let the home stay sparse after the Holiday Season. I wanted something pretty on the front door.  On Sunday, I started to work with a grapevine wreath and flowers.   I used a grapevine wreath because it’s so easy to attach additional elements to the wreath with minimal wire and glue.  I know it’s only January 5th, but I need something bright and cheerful.

diy-valentine-wreath


Valentines Bath Bombs.

Bath bombs, something that I have never tried but after reading this post from Eccentricities by JVG I think I might want to try.  A beautiful gift for Valentines Day, Valentines Bath Bombs. Bath bombs are great for a bath to add some moisturizing oils and enjoy a relaxing bath.  These Valentine’s Days bath bombs can be a fun project to work with kids as well.
Bath bombs in pink and cream


Valentine's Spritz Cookies

Cookies are the next order of the day. And spotting these beautiful Valentine's Spritz Cookies have me pre planning so V-Day Treats. Flour on My Face has me convinced. Spritz cookies are great to make for Valentine's Day. The heart-shaped cookies are a perfect way to show your sweetheart how much you love them on this special day. But first off shameful secret, I did have to google Spritz Cookies yikes.  Spritz cookies are actually a type of German Christmas cookie made of flour, butter, sugar and eggs called Spritzgeback. The word spritz originated from the German word, “spritzen,” which means “to squirt” in English.  There you have it, a bit of education along with your cookies. 

german spritz valentines cookies on a plate


Bonus Feature because I have to...

Can it be a Feature Post from A Labour of Life without a Tablescape? Well sadly this week I didn't have a Valentine's table to share although special shoutout to the two awesome Christmas table settings.  This week something really cool and different. A Cat Quilling Valentine's Card. Again a learning week for me because I did not know Quilling but I am fascinated by it. Check out the stunning Valentine's Day Card from Confessions of an Overworked Mom.  

   cat quilled card


Thank you for joining us this week whether you are a blogger sharing your latest posts OR a reader enjoying all of the inspirational shares! Don’t forget to drop by and say hello to all our hostesses, they always appreciate your visit!

Here are all of our hostesses at Happiness Is Homemade! Linda @ A Labour Of Life

Sinea @ Ducks ‘n a Row

Beverly @ Eclectic Red Barn

Katie @ Love My Messy Messy Mess

Mel @ Décor Craft Design

Lisa @ Lisa Craftable and Lisa’s Every Day Life

Would you like to be a part of Happiness Is Homemade? We are looking for hostesses to join our team. If you are interested, please email any one of the Happiness Is Homemade hostesses and let them know. We would love to have you join our party!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter