Sunday, January 10, 2021

Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #357

Messy Messy Fail - Why do I make so many Christmas cookies that my family does not eat?  Because ya know, I feel obligated to eat them so they don't go to waste.  I'd throw them out but I'd still feel wasteful, so instead I eat them at an alarming rate.  

Tidy Victory - Christmas trees are either put away or undecorated (is that even a word?).  Although I do love having them all up and looking so beautiful for the holidays it's nice to have the house back.  Just to be clear, I am NOT one of those who takes all the holiday decor down the day after Christmas, but that's only because I go it all up only about 2 days before Christmas. :D




 
Welcome to the Happiness is Homemade Link Party 357.  We are excited about a new year of sharing, linking, reading, Pinning and inspiration. For January, Linda from A Labour of Life is our hostess so let’s get started!

Welcome back– we are only two weeks into 2021 and it has been a roller coaster already.  I am not sure where the time goes, honestly it is true - time flies faster the older you get! How is it I just zipped through the features for 356 and it is already that time again. 

hih 357 pin 


 It was an interesting week and I am pretty sure we are feeling a tad off.  But do you know what makes me feel great?  Reading other blogs and seeing what they have created.  Thankfully I have had plenty to distract me this week. This week's theme is not quite Superbowl ready yet, I am saving that for next week. Today the focus is on everything warm, soft and pretty. Feel good shares! Cookies, blankets tables and maybe even some new crafts. 


Leftover Candy Cane Cookies

sugar cookies with candy canes

Let's start with Walking on Sunshine Recipes. Leftover Candy Cane Cookieswhite chocolate chip sugar cookies topped with crushed candy canes. These cookies are a great way to use all these colorful red and white striped candies hanging around your house. And they look so very delicious,  Comfort cookies to bring a smile to our faces.


Crochet Pom Pom Blanket

pom pom blanket


Next up is a stunning crochet pompom blanket from Howling at the Moon. A blanket and a pattern tha had a life and story all it's own. But through all her frustration she will tell you, totally worth it now that is is finished.


New Years Eve Table

 
nye table
 
A stunning and bright New Years Eve table caught my attention.  Masterpieces of my Life did not just create a pretty table she had a reason for the one she created.  Optimistic for a brilliant year ahead of us and I set the table with plenty of light to dazzle us into the new year.  Every person has their own individual mini cloche full of light to guide them into a bright future.

 

Mommy and Me T Shirts.

mommy and me shirts

Featuring something new to me this week and inspired by my new Cricut machine, Mommy and Me T Shirts.  I have been experimenting with new crafting ideas so this really caught my eye. April Golightly has shown us several fun designs that I think I could master. Are you a cricut person? 
 
And finally...

Homemade Lip Balm

natural lip balm
 

A homemade lip balm with only two ingredients. The Socialites Closet tells us Your lip gloss doesn’t have to be loaded with artificial ingredients. After all, what you’re really looking for is shine, moisture and a bit of color. She has created something all natural using coconut oil and berries, how cool is that!
 
 
Thank you for joining us this week whether you are a blogger sharing your latest posts OR a reader enjoying all of the inspirational shares!  
 
Don’t forget to drop by and say hello to all our hostesses, they always appreciate your visit!
 
Here are all of our hostesses at Happiness Is Homemade!
Would you like to be a part of Happiness Is Homemade? We are looking for hostesses to join our team. If you are interested, please email any one of the Happiness Is Homemade hostesses and let them know. We would love to have you join our party.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter