Sunday, December 27, 2020

Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #355

Messy Messy Fail - We had a fantastic Christmas at our house - lots of food, presents and time spent together not worrying about the daily hustle of life.  The one thing I forgot?  The batteries - I ALWAYS forget to buy more batteries.  Only about half of the gifts required them so there was still plenty to do.

Tidy Victory - In past years I felt like I was making food all day, but now I've got my recipes down pat.  I always make a nice breakfast and a dinner.  Breakfast for the kids is pancakes (they're so picky anyways) and eggs Benedict for myself and my husband (Pioneer Woman's recipe of course!).  Dinner is always a ham with gravy, green been casserole, Paula Deen's potato casserole with rolls.  Dessert - Christmas cookies of course!  Dinner is especially easy because I can prep most of the food ahead of time so that on Christmas day, much of it just goes in the oven to cook/warm through.  This makes for a much less stressful day!





Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #355





Welcome one and all to our 4th December blog hop for Happiness Is Homemade! 

This is the last blog hop that I am hosting this month, but please follow my blog Love My Messy Messy Mess where I share my messy messes and tidy victories in my journey as a working boy mom and wife.  You can also follow me on Instagram @LoveMyMessyMessyMess and Facebook at Love My Mess.

The hostesses of Happiness Is Homemade and myself hope everyone had the most wonderful holiday season with their families - it was different for sure!  But remember folks: it's not about the stuff or the decorations, it's about being together and spending time.  


There were so many great posts last week, it was hard to pick the features!  After much debate, I was able to narrow it down to these 5 so GO CHECK THEM OUT!










This Week's Features







I have never met a doughnut I didn't like, therefore I think I need to try out this recipe.  This post for Sfinge - Moroccan Doughnuts  from the Moroc Mama looks absolutely amazing.  I'll be home for the next week and a half on Christmas vacation, so I think I'll have time to try these out!







Bottlebrushes for Christmas are so cute and inexpensive.  Maryjo's Bottlebrush Christmas Tablescape from Master "Pieces" of My Life turned out so pretty and I am totally inspired!  I think I'll be looking at Walmart after Christmas in the clearance aisle to see if I can stock up on some bottlebrush trees for next year!










Did someone say CHAMPS??!?!?!?!?!  My favorite fancy drink done five different ways by Carol of Bluesky at Home, I'm going to get a few bottles so I have enough for each recipe!  Click to try 5 Champagne Cocktails and get your bubbly on!










It's a well-known fact that I love eggnog.  But let's be real, even I can't always drink all of it.  So here's the PERFECT recipe to use when you have just a little left - Eggnog Scones from Cindy's On-Line Recipe Box.  Definitely baking these after Christmas!



*BONUS FEATURE*







I saw this post from the House On Silverado and screamed out loud - these looks so COOL and FUN to make!  I ended up purchasing some for my kids' Christmas stockings but I want to try and make them next.  If you need a recipe for Make Your Own Hot Cocoa Bombs, here you go!











Thank you for joining us this week whether you are a blogger sharing your latest posts OR a reader enjoying all of the inspirational shares!  

Don’t forget to drop by and say hello to all our hostesses, they always appreciate your visit!

Here are all of our hostesses at Happiness Is Homemade!
Would you like to be a part of Happiness Is Homemade? We are looking for hostesses to join our team. If you are interested, please email any one of the Happiness Is Homemade hostesses and let them know. We would love to have you join our party.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter