Sunday, September 20, 2020

Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #341

Messy Messy Fail - The inside of my car is embarrassing - anyone else??? I blame the fact that I am towing the kids everywhere, their food wrappers, their trinkets they hide in my car.  I even have a little plastic bag that I tie to my armrest - it just hangs behind my drivers seat - that the boys accidentally ripped open, spilling the garbage everywhere.  They were like - "Mom, why is their garbage everywhere in your car????".  Because of YOU, I responded.  

Tidy Victory - Last family camping trip for the 2020 season this weekend and what a good season it was!  We ended up going camping on 5 trips including Allegheny State Park, Evangola State Park, Lake Erie State Park, Letchworth State Park and finally Camp Chautauqua (all in New York state).  We are soooooooooo lucky that we purchased our trailer last fall - here's to a great summer!





Happy Fall y’all.  Hope you are having an amazing week and have been creating like crazy. For me I have been at a a virtual Blog Conference this week, Mom 2.0 Summit.  Maybe I saw you during one of the sessions? A blog-cation hoping to get inspired.  This week I have branched out to a few new areas for our Happiness is Homemade features. Apple, Branched out, I slay me lol. 
apple happiness is homemade

Happiness is Homemade 341

This week's features are all sparked by my fascination with Fall and anything apple related.  I know Fall is pumpkins but it also is all about picking apples and making scrumptious recipes and crafts.

apple vintage tray

Let's get started shall we first up is a stunning Fall Apple Tray from the House on Silverado. She opted for an early Fall theme because the either is changing so quickly.  Working with apples instead of pumpkins. A perfect opportunity to display some of my vintage baking utensils, since several of them worked with my color scheme. Plus, apples and baking go hand-in-hand, right?


homemade apple cake  

Looking for a cake with fresh fruit?   Well  how about a  moist  and no-fail Fresh Apple Cake with perfect amount of sweetness plus large chunks of apple, that adds a great flavor and texture to this cake. Treat and Trick shared this awesome cake on her blog and with us this week. She uses Granny Smith apples for that tart apple flavour. Mine is made of  granny smith but other varieties  such as gala, red delicious,  McIntosh or  combination of them  should  work too.   Don't use a food processor  to chop  the apples. It should be roughly chopped into 1/2 in chunk.


apple fritters on a plate 

And then I saw Apple Fritters, and went on my goodness.  How tasty do these look.  Cook,Clean and then Repeat has me wanting to try this that is for sure. This easy apple fritters recipe will quickly become one of your favorites. They’re such a delicious fruit dessert. The combination of crunchy, sweet, and fruity deliciousness is a classic accompaniment to any meal in my mind.



fall table 

 OK, face palm I fibbed not an apple post but it is a Fall Tablescape.  I saw the hint of Orangey Red and the leaves and the vintage centrepiece and it sparked an interest. Maybe no Apples in Clover House's Table for Two but I bet she was thinking apples.  As usual, I mix a few old pieces with new ones.  I love using my Pioneer Woman (PW) dishes for my table settings.  They literally can go for any occasion or season!  Also, in case you're new here, I use my vintage flatware for photos only, we do not eat with these beauties!



apple ice tea 

And just in case all that reading made you thirsty, how about a Spiced Apple Ice Tea from Cindy's on Line Recipe Box? A seasonal twist to everyone's favorite refreshing drink * ICED TEA * ... Although I do live in Texas, this isn't Sweet Tea (except for what's in the apple cider packet) * with sugar or sugar-free.



Would you like to be a part of Happiness Is Homemade? We are looking for hostesses to join our team. If you are interested, please email any one of the Happiness Is Homemade hostesses and let them know. We would love to have you join our party.
 
 
Here are all of our hostesses at Happiness Is Homemade – be sure to give them a visit!
Linda @ A Labour Of Life Cynthia @ Create with Cynthia Andrea @ Design Morsels Sinea @ Ducks ‘n a Row Beverly @ Eclectic Red Barn Katie @ Love My Messy Messy Mess Brandy @ Wonderfully Messy Mom  Let’s get on with the party!   

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter