Sunday, May 31, 2020

Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #325


Messy Messy Fail - Someone keeps knocking down my bird feeders!  They both are (or were) hanging from hooks in a birch tree outside of our breakfast nook.  Starting last week, I found both of them systematically tossed many FEET away from the tree in the morning.  The last straw was when one of the hooks went missing.  What's your guess - raccoon, blue jay, bear?

Tidy Victory - I am a little late posting this today because this morning we went asparagus picking - I had never heard of a upick asparagus around here before so we had to take advantage.  Go figure - asparagus is one of my kids' favorite veggies to eat!  Locals if you are interested, it's at Olde Chautauqua Farms, $2.75 a pound!





Happiness is Homemade Link Party #325

happiness is homemade logo


Hello summer! It's hard to believe that it's almost June. I'm not ready for the Texas heat. This year really seems like some kind of long bad dream, but I'm hopeful that things will get a little more normal.


This is my last week as the host so I hope you enjoy these picks. There were so many good options from last week but here are my top five.







I love a beautiful decorating book. It's such a treat to get a good one that you can flip through year after year. Carol from Bluesky At Home is sharing her favorite new decorating books. She gives you a little taste of the inside of each book so it's easier to decide which ones you want.




Bluesky At Home Decorating books

I'm excited because I don't have any of these. It can be hard to tell without seeing the inside if I should buy one, but not I don't know which one first.



Staying in the decorating theme, Rachelle from My Hubbard Home shared a post about summer home décor. I haven't been doing any seasonal decorating since we've been working from home. It feels like the right time to start adding some summer.



My Hubbard Home summer decor

Rachelle shares a tour of her home and it's worth a visit just for that.



I think it must be a decorating and decor week. I was inspired by Ashley's modern bedroom, which is one of the "one room challenge" rooms. It's from Cherished Bliss and it's both minimalist and elegant.





cherished bliss modern master bedroom



Next up is an amazing furniture makeover from Cynthia. She transformed an old dresser into a colorful work of art. And she has a video that will show you how to do it yourself. Check out Create With Cynthia's floral dresser.



Create With Cynthia's dresser makeover



She not only applied flowers, but also made a vase using clay that she applied to the dresser.

The last feature is a card. When I first saw the card I thought it was a painting. Maybe it should be! It's so pretty. Check out Linda's tutorial for making this Card With A Gap.



Paper Seedlings Card With a Gap

It's made using stamps and she give you step by step instructions.

Now it’s time for this weeks ideas. Hope you will take a few minutes to check out all the ideas below.

Thanks again for joining the party. Remember to click around and visit all the inspiring posts.

Would you like to be a part of Happiness Is Homemade? We are looking for hostesses to join our team. If you are interested, please email any one of the Happiness Is Homemade hostesses 
and let them know. We would love to have you join our party.


Here are all of our hostesses at Happiness Is Homemade – be sure to give them a visit!

Linda @ A Labour Of Life Cynthia @ Create with Cynthia Sinea @ Ducks ‘n a Row Beverly @ Eclectic Red Barn Katie @ Love My Messy Messy Mess Andrea @ Design Morsels

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter