Sunday, July 29, 2018

Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #231



Messy Messy Fail - I have been stung now twice this week while it in the gardens weeding.  I don't think I've ever been stung twice in my life, but then twice in one week.  Is this a sign?

Tidy Victory - The island garden outside of our breakfast nook is pretty cleaned up - now I just need to find some fun perennials to get in there to replace the weeds that I pulled!  BTW they weren't actually weeds, come to find out it was Snow On the Mountain but it's still pretty invasive!



Welcome back to the Happiness is Homemade Link Party #231

My time as host is coming to an end this month. I am handing off the hosting to Bev at Electric Red Barn.  I have loved looking through the fabulous DIY ideas & recipes.  I have so many ideas for my August activities. I have found 4 great featured post for this week.  I know we are almost in "Back to School" time, but the featured posts this week are all about summer living. I am looking forward to all the new ideas for this week.  ~Susan @Craftingafamily.com

On with this week's features!




It is so important to read to your children from the earliest age. Children who have a lot of reading time learn to talk, read and are soothed. I read to my infants to help them go to sleep, just hearing your voice and the calming rhythm of a story is soothing. So when I saw Anika's DIY Rain Gutter Bookshelves I had to share her project with you. Perfect for any age she has set them low for little ones to reach.  Check out the project at DIY Rain Gutter Bookshelves.




After a long day with the kids, you will want to make a batch of Marci's Lemon Balm TeaShe has a simple natural and quick way to make a perfectly refreshing summer tea with your lemon balm plant.  I have loved lemon balm for years and grow it everywhere in my garden but never took the time to dry it to make tea, I am so glad I found this easy recipe to use this summer. Check out her recipe at Stone Cottage Adventures.




Waldorf Salad is a classic summer salad. It is a favorite from my childhood as my mother made it all summer long. Simple, light with lots of veggies you will have to try Waldorf Salad from Simply Stacie

.



Stick-on Vinyl is a crafters dream, there are so many ways to use it (but just not enough time to craft). Carol at Bluesky at Home has a collection of 75 awesome ideas for using vinyl decals. Now that we are in "Back to School" crafting you have to check out all the great project at 75 Awesome Ways to Use Vinyl Decals.




Happiness is Homemade Link Party. A place to share great DIY, crafts, home decor, holiday inspiration, recipes and get wonderful ideas for your home. #HappinessIsHomemade #LinkParty #homemade #DIY #Recipes


Now, let's get started now with this week's party. While you are here, we'd love it if you would visit the blogs of our lovely co-hosts!

FOLLOW OUR PINTEREST BOARD!
ALL OF THE FEATURES ARE PINNED ON THE HAPPINESS IS HOMEMADE BOARD!
The rules? They are really simple! Make sure you visit a few other blogs and make some new friends along the way. Feel free to link up your favorite recipes, crafts or your latest DIY project. We want you to share it all! As always, please make sure to follow your hosts and co-hosts!! Link up your posts, make some friends, and earn the chance to be featured at Happiness Is Homemade Link Party! We will feature the favorite posts each week! Disclaimer: Adding your link to this link party gives permission to all 12 Hosts, along with any co-hosts, guest hosts, and participants of Happiness Is Homemade, to share your posts and pictures via social media and as features, roundups, etc. with an explicit link back to your original source. Therefore, linking up you agree to allow us to use your images on each of our blogs in features relating to Happiness is Homemade Link Party.