Friday, April 24, 2015

It's Time for Me

Messy Messy Fail - The day of my high school spring concert - if it could have gone wrong, it did.  My old laptop would not transfer a word document correctly from my co-worker's laptop so the program was a hot mess.  The copier would not print the top lines of the program.  My one string bass at the high school decided to detach itself where the heel is glued to the body.  All on concert day.  Made for quite the exciting experience.

Tidy Victory - Even with a crazy pre-concert day, the program itself came off quite well and my students did a great job.  Phew!  Next concert in t-minus 6 weeks.



I try my hardest to be a selfless person - at work, with my friends, at home with my family.  But I truly believe the key to leading a well-balanced life includes being sure to save time for yourself as well. I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off for a few weeks now, going from one event to the next.  Now it's time for me.  Here is a list of 5 things I will make a point of doing for myself in the next week:

<One> Doing my finger and toenails - It was time to take off my Easter Jams to have appropriate fingers for my spring concert, so now I'm looking for something a little more colorful.  My toes haven't had a pedicure since before the baby was born for reasons I do not care to share.  Mama needs pretty nails!

<Two> Read a magazine - Remember how I reported that I did not renew my subscriptions?  So now I have 972834987 magazines laying in various locations around the house staring at me.  I'd like to get rid of a few in the next week.  I like to dog ear pages I find something interesting on and go back later to pin them.  

<Three> Catch up on Grey's Anatomy - I am 9 episodes behind.  That's quite substantial.  My husband warned me not to go on the internet at all.  Was the hospital hit by an atomic bomb?  Don't tell me I don't want to know.

<Four> Go to bed before 9 - I am quite guilty of typically not hitting the hay until 11 PM.  I feel as though I cannot get chores like dishes or laundry done until the boys go to bed.  I guess chores may have to be put on the back burner for a night.

<Five> Watch Boyz n the Hood - I've heard this movie is excellent, and when I saw it scheduled on HBO during our free 3-month trial period (thanks DirecTV) I made sure to record it.  I'll admit I really enjoy movies with Ice Cube (hello Friday!), can't quite explain it.......

Make sure you do something for yourself ladies and follow through!  It's not selfish, it's necessary!  What are you going to do for yourself?

Katie




Bright on a Budget

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

The Diary of a Real Housewife

2 comments :

Unknown said...

Catching up on magazines - oh my goodness, I so need to do this!! I have a huge stack that I have to get through. That pre-concert stress sounded intense, but glad it all went well in the end. Hope you're having a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Thanks for linking up at H54F!

Katie @ Cup of Tea

Katie said...

Thanks Katie C - yeah intense is a good word to use, but it's all worth it. Thanks I DID have a relaxing weekend, enjoy your week and thanks for commenting! :)