Monday, March 18, 2024

Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #520

Messy Messy Fail - I had purchased and planted a bag of 25 snowdrops last fall - so far I only see 2 :(. They should be sprouting now, these and crocuses are usually the very first to come up!

Tidy Victory - I found some ranunculus that I had accidentally left planted in the garden had sprouted - supposedly that plant is not hardy in our zone (which has been newly rezoned 6a instead of 5b) - I'm excited to see if it blooms!  In the meantime, I am going to get the rest of the korms I have soaked and in the ground.






Welcome to Happiness is Homemade #520!

For the month of February I, Niki of Life as a LEO Wife, will be choosing our features. I can't wait to see what you have to share this week because it's always a treat checking out all of your fabulous ideas!

If you missed last week's party, you can check it out here.

I thought that I'd share a couple of St. Patrick's Day ideas, along with a few Easter or spring ideas. Since Easter will come so early this year, we have to get into our decorating now. Let's check out the features for this last week of February!


This Week's Features


Our own Linda of A Labour of Life shared an adorable DIY St. Patrick's Day pom pom garland that's perfect to decorate your mantle. You can use this tutorial for any holiday. Just change up the colors you use, and you could have an Easter decoration as well!


McDonald's serves a shamrock shake for St. Patrick's Day, and Jen of Cincy Shopper made a copycat shake that looks so delicious! Making your own shakes at home can save you money, and it allows you to customize them with those adorable shamrock sprinkles.


I've been obsessed with finding a small basket to hang on my coffee bar shelf, so when I saw this Easter door basket made by Nicolle at Our Tiny Nest, I fell in love! In her tutorial she shares how to make the fabric carrots as well as a few tips for putting together a pretty basket, so be sure to check it out.


These pedestal birdhouses were transformed into beautiful spring decor by Donna over at An Organized Season. She saw some similar ones while out at an antique show, and her transformation using birdhouses and candlesticks turned out right on par with those! I would love to recreate them for my own spring decor.


Emily of Hunny I'm Home shared how to make beautiful floral farmhouse eggs that won't stain your fingers and you never have to refrigerate. They are easy to make and will look beautiful inside baskets in Easter vignettes!


Thank you for joining us this week. We're happy you're here to share your latest posts and to check out the amazing ideas shared by other lovely bloggers!

Be sure to visit all of the link party's hostesses! We love when you stop by!

Linda | A Labour of Life

Sinea | Ducks 'n a Row

Beverly | Eclectic Red Barn

Katie | Love My Messy Messy Mess

Mel | Decor Craft Design

Niki | Life as a LEO Wife



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter