Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #414

Messy Messy Fail - Tardy to the party again, my bad!

Tidy Victory - Our winter sowing project is completed!  We planted snapdragons, marigolds, echinacea and morning glory in milk jugs of potting soil outside.  We are VERY excited to see if we are able to successfully grow some annual flowers to add to our garden this year!  





Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #414





Welcome to the Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #414 - my name is Katie from Love My Messy Messy Mess and I'm back to host another blog party!

Are you ready for Valentine's day - I almost wasn't!  I actually looked at a physical calendar on Wednesday and came to the horrible realization that the holiday was Monday and I had NOTHING!  My two sons will have parties in their classrooms where they exchange little paper Valentine's and treats, the baby will just look cute at daycare (she's really good at that)!

Usually I have the forethought to find some cool FREE printable Valentines on the internet or just make my own, printing them out on cardstock.  No time for that this year, so a frantic trip to Walmart it was after I discovered it was the only store around that was selling the boxes of Valentines this year.  What's up with that?!?!?!?!

I do not buy gifts or do anything crazy for the kids for Valentine's Day, however I DID make a special trip to our local chocolate shop and bought them some chocolate suckers and a chocolate $5 bill the size of a Hershey bar - perfect!

So now it's time to get to this week's party - simply scroll down to see all the posts that have been linked up by our participating bloggers!

Miss the party last week? Click here to check it out!












This Week's Features









Living in Western New York, we are very proud of buffalo chicken (or chicken buffalo?) style food ranging from chicken wings to wraps.  These Chicken Buffalo Meatballs from Organized Island look so tasty - I think I'll try making them for dinner next week!









I've always wanted to try making a king cake for Fat Tuesday - it's a tradition to serve these at Mardi Gras.  So colorful and easy to make, this Easy King Cake Recipe is quick and simple without all the fuss.  Don't forget the baby!









Do you have a Blackstone grill?  Essentially it is a portable (or somewhat lol) giant cast iron grill.  We purchased one to take camping with us last summer and love it!  I'm always looking for new recipes to make on it, and this one for Blackstone Mexican Street Corn looks right up our alley.









Quite simply, I chose this post for Oreo Butter Cake because it just looked darn good.  My baking extravaganza continues through the winter and I'll be trying this 100%!  





*BONUS FEATURE*







Within the last 10 years we have seen a huge increase of the bald eagle population in Western New York.  We most commonly see them while we are camping during the summer at parks located near water such as Lake Erie State Park or Evangola State Park.  It's incredible to think that when I was little, these animals were supposed to be extinct, and I just assumed I'd never see one.  And now we see them all the time!  Check out this informative post Where Eagles Soar from Mille Fiori Favoriti.






Did you know we have a Pinterest Board where all features are saved to?  Save our pins to your own board for your future reference, easy peasy!

Thank you for joining us this week whether you are a blogger sharing your latest posts OR a reader enjoying all of the inspirational shares!  

Don’t forget to drop by and say hello to all our hostesses, they always appreciate your visit!

Here are all of our hostesses at Happiness Is Homemade!

Linda @ A Labour of Life

Sinea @ Ducks ‘n a Row

Beverly @ Eclectic Red Barn

Katie @ Love My Messy Messy Mess

Mel @ Décor Craft Design

Niki @ Life as a Leo Wife

Would you like to be a part of Happiness Is Homemade? We are looking for hostesses to join our team. If you are interested, please email any one of the Happiness Is Homemade hostesses and let them know. We would love to have you join our party!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter