Tidy Victory - I fixed Creaky Cranky!!!!!! Creaky Cranky is the cranky crane on the island of Sodor with Thomas the Train. He is a key character on the Thomas the Train show of which we watch daily. He is also a key feature of our Thomas the Train collection in our home. When Creaky doesn't crank, my CHILDREN are cranky. So when Creaky no longer cranked one day, I researched on YouTube quickly and found an amazing person who posted a how-to video for fixing Creaky. It wasn't exactly the same situation, but it gave me enough information to complete the surgery (with a special screwdriver I had to purchase!) and my children were no longer cranky. Just an FYI - I can't fix much so this was a miracle!
One morning when I raided my cupboard to make the boys pancakes, I discovered I was out of the store bought mix.
I knew there had to be a recipe online somewhere to make it from scratch - easy peasy!
Totally found the most AMAZING homemade pancake OR waffle mix.
I did change it slightly to turn down the salt factor - I like to use as little as possible in my cooking/baking.
And so easy to make.
Tell me how badly you want it??!?!?!?!
The recipe I mean.
Get your mind out of the gutter people!
Here's What You Need to Make the Mix:
- 4 & 1/2 c. of flour
- 3 & 1/2 tbsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tspn. of salt
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp. of sugar (eyeball it)
Here's What You Do:
However, pancake and waffle mix is not too helpful if you don't have the recipe to make the pancakes and waffles!
Here's What You Need to Make Your Pancakes and Waffles:
- 1 1/2 c. of the mix
- 1 1/4 c. of milk (I like whole, go big or go home)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
Here's What You Do:
- Pour the 1 1/2 c. of the mix into a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix together the 1 1/4 c. milk, egg, 2 tsp. vanilla and 2 tbsp. melted butter
- Pour the mixed liquids into the larger bowl with the mix until incorporated
- DO NOT OVER MIX. There will be some lumps and bumps - that's okay!
- Make your pancakes on a griddle to your liking or your waffles according to your waffle maker's directions.
Melt in your mouth breakfast is what you have after making these people.
No need to question, just trust me and do it.
So easy and not to mention FRUGAL (I mean cheap!).
So use them to make this yummy pancake or waffle mix!