Tidy Victory - I had a lovely 35th birthday with my family - I enjoyed some yummy pizza, cards and ice cream cake (my favorite!). Such a wonderful time and it really means so much when they show how much you are appreciated with the little things that you enjoy so much. Thank you my beautiful family!
I know it is tradition to have lovely, refreshing beverages at a brunch.
There are mimosas, Bloody Mary's, coffee with flavored liqueur......
But have you every tried a beermosa?
Don't act so shocked - they do exist!
And not to mention delicious - SO delicious.
Obviously a prerequisite is you must like beer, although a beermosa doesn't necessarily have that hoppy, beer taste you may not appreciate as much.
Beermosas are light, refreshing and just the thing when you are entertaining beer lovers!
Here's what you need:
- One bottle of a white Belgian style beer (I used UFO this time)
- 1-2 shots of orange juice
- An orange for garnish
Here's what you do:
- Carefully pour your white Belgian style beer into a tall pilsner or pint glass. If you get a head, let it sit for a few minutes after pouring to let it subside.
- Some other Belgian whites you can try include Blue Moon, Namaste by Dogfish Head, A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale by Lagunitas Brewing Company, Gumballhead by Three Floyds Brewing, Bell's Oberon Ale or St. Bernardus Wit.
- Pour in a splash of orange juice, approximately 1-2 shots. You can add more or less according to your preference.
- Use an orange slice for garnish on the rim of the glass.
|I like to use easy peel mandarin oranges - the perfect size!|
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE a good mimosa. But sometimes, when I want something with a little more oomph to it, a beermosa is just the thing.
Citrusy, light and delicious. A fun twist on a brunch favorite that is sure to please many.
Do you have a special cocktail you like to serve at brunch?