Sunday, October 11, 2015

Aunt Sarah's Balsamic Corn and Bean Salsa

Balsamic Bean Corn Salsa
Messy Messy Fail - My little pot of Tu'El de-puffing eye lotion finally ran out.  I cried.  Worse yet, a new one is $28.  I loved it so much, but is it worth it?  Anyone else have a drugstore brand to recommend?  Help!

Tidy Victory - We've had a few really nice days in between cold/rainy days here.  To take advantage of the sunshine, the boys and I went outside to plant some small pots of mums that I purchased for a steal at Walmart hoping DESPERATELY that they will root and return next year.  I have planted mums 20398723031240879 times and NEVER had success with them taking.  The toddler looked on while contained in his excer-saucer and helped the UPKer and I keep good spacing between the plants.  We also put in some gorgeous sedum that was given to me by a dear friend (I am looking to add some late summer color to the garden).  We'll see next year if it worked!







On this gorgeous Sunday afternoon in Western New York, I wanted to share a quick recipe for a fantastic balsamic salsa my SIL first introduced me to several years ago at a family gathering.  

This particular salsa is a hearty one but doesn't have any red sauce.

Do you like balsamic vinegar or dressing?  If your answer is yes, than you've got to try this recipe.  

Super tasty with corn chips out on the deck during the summer or with french bread slices watching football in the fall.

The beautiful colors in this salsa make it a real pretty dish as well.

Here's what you need:

  • 1 16 oz. can of corn, drained
  • 1 16 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1-2 green, red or orange peppers
  • 1/2 c. of sweet onion 
  • 1-2 cucumbers, peeled
  • 1 bottle of balsamic dressing
Here's what you do:

  • Chop all of the fresh vegetables and place in a large bowl.


  • Add corn and black beans to the fresh veggies.




  • Pour half of the bottle of balsamic dressing into the vegetables.  


  • Give all of the vegetables a good stir to make sure everything is coated.  Refridgerate over night.
  • Before serving add more balsamic vinegar dressing to your liking.
  • Serve with corn chip scoops, crackers or a sliced up baguette.



This salsa is a hit at an party because it appeals to your vegetarians AND your meat eaters as it is such a filling, hearty dish.



The tang of the balsamic dressing with all those veggies is just outstanding!

The longer the veggies sit in the balsamic dressing the better, trust me.

My SIL Sarah can't recall where she found this recipe but it's a real keeper, and a quickie when you are in a pinch for a tasty appetizer. 

Put this zesty salsa together ahead of time and have it ready in a snap! 

OH and one more thing - I have a new comment system (as you can hopefully clearly see) to encourage you, my fabulous readers, to leave a little thought of your own here.  Hopefully it will be easier and less work than the older generic Google comments I had.

So.........comment away and Happy Columbus Day!









Linking up with......





My Pinterventures


Epic Mommy Adventures

This Is How We Roll Thursday Party

Take Two Tapas
The Diary of a Real Housewife

Sadie Seasongoods