Welcome to My Messy Messy Mess! In this blog, I share my adventures in cooking, baking, crafting, gardening, traveling, parenting, teaching, music-making and life. Honesty is the best policy and I have as many failures as victories. Mind if I share them with you?
Now down to the nitty-gritty.......
I am a full-time working mom in my thirties - okay mid-thirties-ish - with a family of two beautiful boys and a wonderful husband. I am the orchestra director in a public school for grades 5-12 and my primary instrument is viola but I started on violin at the age of 5.
I always knew I wanted to teach others to play stringed instruments, except for those two days in 5th grade when I wanted to be a veterinarian.
This is one of my mantras as a parent and an educator, not to mention one of the underlying focuses of this blog. I'd love to show you how well I can clean my bathroom tub with only household ingredients while perfecting the perfect messy bun, nailing a liquid liner cat eye in my trendy new outfit, but that will never happen. My wonderful housecleaner scrubbed our tub, my bun is messy because I have three-day dirty hair, the eye liner is left over from yesterday when I forgot to wash it off and I am living in free t-shirts and work out shorts. That's my reality and that's okay because I LOVE IT!
I am a sharer - I love getting and giving recipes, organizing outings and bringing people together. I hope you enjoy browsing around my blog at all the messy messes and tidy victories.
But in the meantime, here are some stats about moi:
- Birthday - April 21, 1981
- Sign - Taurus (I am totally a taurus just ask my husband)
- Hair & Eye Color - Naturally dirty blond with green eyes
- Birthplace: Buffalo, NY
- Main Instruments: viola & violin
- Favorite Food: anything Mexican
- Favorite Sweet: ice cream, Heavenly Hash by Perry's Ice Cream
- Favorite Colors: pink, navy, grey
- Favorite Candy: Sour Patch Kids
- Favorite Season: summer
- Favorite Book: The Catcher in the Rye
- What I Would Have Been if I Wasn't a Teacher: astrophysicist
- Favorite Movie: Clueless
- Favorite Flower: red poppy
- Favorite Beverage: beer!
- Dream car: silver pickup truck OR a navy Viper with white racing stripes
Welcome to my blog and I hope you enjoying checking out my posts as much as I enjoyed creating them!