Sunday, June 23, 2019

Happiness Is Homemade Link Party #276



Messy Messy Fail - I simply cannot get my lettuce seeds to sprout!  I initially started them inside in April but nothing every appeared.  I tried again but still nothing.  To Walmart I go because there is NOTHING like having fresh lettuce to pick for salads and sandwiches! 

Tidy Victory - The rest of the veggie garden is doing well this year: radishes, peas, tomatoes, an onion (lol), peppers, zucchini and carrots.  I learned a lot last year from my accidental cross pollination - green pumpkins that never turned orange and odd shaped zucchini. :)


Hello and welcome to Happiness is Homemade Link Party 276. We've made it through Father's Day and the summer solstice. Our lovely spring and early June turned into a hot, humid mess this week. It was a good time to spend the afternoons inside scrolling through all the wonderful ideas everyone has shared. My older daughter and granddaughters arrived on Wednesday, my son and son~in~law flew in for the weekend on Friday, so we have had a full house, lots of wet beach towels, bowls of cereal, popsicle sticks, and a grand time. The girls stay through Friday and we have lots of activities planned. Hope you are enjoying your summer and love sharing your favorite projects with us here at Happiness is Homemade.

BlueskyatHome Blog Signature


Happiness is Homemade Link Party 276


I love all the wonderful projects and home and gardening decor that you share each week. I also have included one of my favorite recipes for you. I wanted you to know that besides the 5 features each week, I share another 4 or 5 each Saturday on my weekly newsletter. If you would like to receive it, just link to it here.


Happiness is Homemade Link Party Features graphic

Happiness is Homemade Weekly Features


Since we spend so much more time outside in the summer, we want our outdoor spaces to be welcoming, comfortable and pretty. I know, because we just did a patio update. Jenn at Clean and Scentsible is sharing some great ways to add style and comfort to your backyard patio.


backyard patio



Our front yards are just as important as our backyards. They are our welcome mat to friends and neighbors. Stephanie at Abbotts at Home offers 12 ideas for spiffing up your curb appeal.

DIY planter



I love to use mason jars in my home decor. In fact, I just did a post on how to tint mason jars (see in the links below). Linda at It All Started with Paint shared this darling DIY painted mason jar.

painted mason jar



I don't know about you, but I have a problem with dryer sheets. I love this idea from Salvage Sister and Mister for making easy reusable dryer sheets.
reusable dryer sheets



This one had me at cake, chocolate and Texas. This classic sheet cake recipe has been around for years and I'm so glad that NancyC shared it again. It never gets old.

chocolate sheet cake



We can't wait to see what you share this week. I'm hostess for one more week so I'll be selecting features again. 

Happiness is Homemade blogger


Linda @ A Labour Of Life Lisa @ Blogghetti Carol @ Bluesky At Home Sue @ Crafting a Family Sinea @ Ducks ‘n a Row Beverly @ Eclectic Red Barn Katie @ Love My Messy Messy Mess Audrey @ Munofore Audrey @ That Recipe 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!