Tidy Victory - Going to see the new Star Wars movie at a Friday matinee show while visit my family in the mighty Buffalo, NY and we managed to borrow episodes IV, V and VI so we could be somewhat caught up and in the know for the movie. Three nights in a row of Star Wars movies is pretty fun, I guess I never realized what great movies these were! Any other Star Wars fans out there? :)
Back in the beginning of October, I'm sure I was losing my mind over something - getting ready for Halloween, upcoming concerts, getting my new beginning string students ready, what was I going to make for dinner that week. Blogging had recently taken somewhat of a backseat to my family and full time job which actually inspired me to write this post a few weeks ago.
I was logging onto my FB account when I noticed a message from a blogger I had co-hosted the Happiness is Homemade party with. At first it though it was just a nice "hello how are you doing?", but when I clicked on the link she provided and scrolled down, I realized that Amanda from Amanda Unfolded had nominated me for a blogger award.
The smile on my face spread from ear to ear, and I made sure to tell her that.
Thank you, Amanda, for that wonderful smile you put on my face.
Oh, and for nominating me, too! ;)
With this award comes a little list of items I need to hit up:
How My Blog Started
It was so neat to see all these women publishing online about fun topics that I was interested in casually reading about.
Fast forward a few months later, the toddler was born and with having two children, time to myself was quite limited. I was looking for some type of creative way to check out and share new recipes, crafts for the kids to create, etc. when BAM - the idea came to me, what if I started blogging?
I knew this would not be a source of income for me, but truly just a fun way to reach out to other people in what I now had read about as being the "blogosphere". This would be cool, really cool.
And then one night, I just did it - registered my blog at Blogspot and wrote my first post here. It's really fun to see how much I have learned between now and then! But I am so glad I took the plunge, thought outside of the box and tried something new.
Advice for New Bloggers
- Don't be afraid to ask. Every blogger started at the beginning at some point - we all remember countless hours trying to figure out why that graphic wasn't lining up correctly with the text - so reach out for help.
- Don't be afraid to fail. It's the only way to learn, and this is one of my mantras for this blog. You may fall down, but get up again.
- Keep yourself balanced. It's very easy to want to spend HOURS editing your latest post, fixing links, etc. Make sure you first attend to yourself and your priorities.
- Enjoy! You will get to meet the most interesting and inspiring people - soak it up, learn and make life-long friendships!
My Blogger Recognition Awards
It's my turn - I nominate the following bloggers and blogs for having inspired or affected me in such an amazing way. Please be sure to check them out!
- Kate of The Small Things Blog
- Emily of The Freckled Fox
- Ree of The Pioneer Woman
- Erlene of My Pinterventures
- Rhiannon of Insolence + Wine
- Carlee of Cooking with Carlee
- Alli of Tornadough Alli
- Quinn of Dad What's 4 Dinner
- Cathy of A Peek Into My Paradise
- Lisa of Blogghetti
- Robin of Fluster Buster
- Sinea of Ducks N A Row
- Amy of The Farmer's Wife
- Anne of The Fab Life
- Tif of Bright On A Budget