Thursday, July 23, 2015

Gold Bond Rough and Bumpy Skin - Product Review

Messy Messy Fail - The toddler now thinks he can take off his night-time pull-up when he goes #2 and clean it up himself - MEGA FAIL!  Let's just say my carpet shampooer has gotten used daily this last week.

Tidy Victory - I scored some EXCELLENT purchases at TJMaxx with a gift card I received from some dear friends for my birthday.  Nothing is better than the clearance rack at TJ's - 5 cute shirts and the sweetest dragonfly bowl EVER under $70!










The first time I saw the commercial for Gold Bond's New Rough & Bumpy Skin Daily Therapy Cream I about fell out of my seat.



Ever since my first pregnancy 3.75 years ago with the toddler, I have been burdened with the dreaded "chicken skin" as I call it on my upper arms.

Red, blotchy, rough, bump - not very attractive looking.

I've also acquired some "teacher arms", "bingo arm", "bat wings" whatever you want to call them, but that's for another post ;)



Anywho, I saw the commercial for Gold Bond's new product and I HAD TO TRY.  Exfoliating hasn't work, remembering to use lotion on my arms hasn't work, NOTHING HAS WORKED.  I was beginning to accept my "chicken skin" when this commercial appeared and I thought, heck my arms can't get any worse than they are now!

So I waited for a Gold Bond coupon to appear in my Sunday paper because I'm frugal (cheap!) and when it did, I swiftly ran to Walmart and made my purchase.  This cream isn't terribly cheap - price point is $9.97 - but I got a buck off with my coupon and it if worked, it would be worth it.

To document my use, I took some lovely pictures of my arms before:







Now to be quite honest, I did not use this product every day during the 3 month period - it started out that way, then maybe every few days, and more recently just once a week.

Here is the after:










Some important points I want to make about this product:


  • It significantly improved the roughness & bumpiness of my skin
  • It DID NOT significantly improve the redness and blotchiness of my skin (which is what I was really hoping for), just slightly
  • It does not smell great, but it does not smell bad either
  • It also significantly improved the roughness of my horrid feet

It's hard to tell from the before and after pictures (different lighting and angles) that the redness did improve a bit, but the biggest improvement was the smoothness which you cannot tell from the pictures unfortunately.  

Added an HD filter to this picture so you could check out the great creamy consistency of this product.

It clearly states on the lid of the product that "90% experienced smoother, softer skin in just one week" which I did, and "72% reduction in bumps/the appearance of KP in 4 weeks" which I also did experience.  

KP, or keratosis pilaris, is the scientific term for the little red bumps that I have around the hair follicles on my upper arms, AKA my chicken skin.

This product DID boast smoother softer skin which it did do.  It DID NOT mention a reduction in redness, which I wish it had done.

Therefore, I think it is safe to say that Gold Bond's Rough & Bumpy Skin Daily Therapy Treatment did for me what it said it would do - give me smoother skin.

Fun fact - under the sticker on the lid, it also mentions this product can be used for rough skin on elbows, knees and feet, and by golly it has done a great job on my nasty dogs.  

I have very dry, cracked feet and this product has significantly helped that.

I will NOT be posting a picture of my tootsies - sorry to disappoint! :)

If you are experiencing any of the same issues I am, try this product, it may work for you.  But remember your results may be different!

Hope this helps you and your chicken skin (or your feet)! ;)




*The opinions in this post are solely of my own.  I was not compensated for this post.  


Linking up with........


Makeup Monday